We view allergies as a symptom not an illness.
Allergies are due to one or more of the following problems:
- Adrenal gland weakness
- Excess histamine intake
- Deficient histamine elimination
- Immune system dysfunction
- Abnormal bacterial balance in the gastrointestinal tract (dysbiosis)
Our approach to the treatment of allergies consists of determining which ones of the problems listed above are present, and then eliminating them. We do food allergy tests using a blood sample.
We use natural products to renew the adrenals; we lower the histamine with diet and natural substances, and we de-sensitize with oral allergens, etc.
Allergic reactions, whether they are triggered by environment or food, are mediated by histamine. Antihistamine medicines block histamine temporarily but do not help getting rid of histamine, and may even increase it. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the amount of histamine in your body to get rid of allergies.
Histamine comes from the amino acid histidine which is a component of all animal protein. The more histidine you eat, the more histamine you’ll have, and the more allergic you’ll become.
To reduce your histamine levels you have to eliminate or drastically decrease your intake of all animal protein such as shellfish, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, beef, veal, etc. If it’s protein and it comes from an animal source, it’s made of histamine and you should avoid it, at least when you’re having symptoms. Soy and oats also contain histamine.
Histamine is eliminated through the bowels, so the more veggies and fruits you eat and the more BMs you have the quicker you’ll get over the allergy.
Acupuncture and reflexology also help.
It is important that you strengthen your adrenal glands. Your adrenals produce adrenaline and cortisone, both of which block the effect of histamine and eliminate allergy symptoms. To help your adrenals, you need more sleep, 50 mg of B-complex per day and 250 mg of pantothenic acid, Quercertin 500 mg every 8 hours and vitamin C 1000 mg every 8 hours.
Green tea can be very helpful.
Bio Allers is a homeopathic remedy from the health food store. It comes is “dander”, “pollen”, “dust”, etc. Choose your type and use per label instructions.
- Avoid caffeine and sugar. These “burn out” your adrenals.
- Rest, relax, and sleep a lot. This helps the adrenals.
- Avoid stress. Stress damages the adrenals.
- If you have congestion, post nasal drip, or other mucus related symptoms, removes all dairy products from your diet. Dairy products are very rich in histamine. They also produce a lot of mucus. All animal protein should be eliminated.
- Rubbing Eucalyptus oil or “Vick’s Vapor Rub” on your hands and breathing it can quickly relieve congestion.
- Increase your fiber intake. You want to have two or more firm bowel movements per day since histamine is eliminated through the bowels. Consider having colonics, since this will cleanse your body so that it will not produce as much mucus.
- Do not worry about your calcium intake. Now that you have stopped eating animal products, you will get plenty of calcium from all of the dark green vegetables that you are eating.